Below is the list of planned member meetings, MHSAA meetings and training sessions for the upcoming 2022 lacrosse season.
In order to be considered a member in good standing with MichLOA, each member must be credited with training specified by the MichLOA Board. Completion of specified training is a requirement to be eligible for MHSAA tournament assignment consideration.
For new officials, the New Officials Training does not count toward this training requirement.
2022 Training Dates
Dates and Locations:
2/1/2022 New Officials Training - Troy location - 100 West Big Beaver, Suite 100, Troy, MI 48348 – 6:00pm
New Officials Training is required for all new (first season) officials. If you attended the New Officials Training on 12/13/2021 you do not need to attend this session (although you are welcome to attend if you would like).
Note: If you are aware of anyone that is interested in becoming a lacrosse official please ask them to contact Brian Effinger or Guy Bellemare and plan to attend this training session.
All MichLOA Members (including new officials) are required to attend at least two meetings listed below:
2/10/2022 MichLOA/MHSAA Rules Meeting - Seaholm High School, Little Theater - 2436 West Lincoln, Birmingham, MI 48009 – 6:00pm. All members are highly encouraged to attend this meeting.
2/15/2022 MichLOA Continuing Education - Plymouth Library - 223 S Main St, Plymouth, MI 48170 – 6:00pm
3/1/2022 MichLOA Continuing Education – Troy location - 100 West Big Beaver, Suite 100, Troy, MI 48348 – 6:00pm
3/9/2022 MichLOA Continuing Education – Troy location - 100 West Big Beaver, Suite 100, Troy, MI 48348 – 6:00pm
MichLOA Members will also be required to complete specified training on the USA Lacrosse website. Additional information will be sent to members shortly.
2021 Modified Training Plan
MichLOA will be going to a virtual learning approach in preparation for the upcoming season and as the means to fulfill your continued education requirement to be a member in good standing ("MIGS").
We will be using the US Lacrosse Certification process as the means to accomplish this, so if you have not done so already, it is critical that you register with USL as a boy's official.
Please note the deadline to complete the continuing education requirement is 3/19/2021.
In short: MichLOA officials will need complete the US Lacrosse level 2/3 certification program. Directions were sent to all MichLOA members via email on 2/12/2021.
Outlined below are the steps to access the 2021 training:
Once you log into your US Lacrosse account, go to the upper left corner, and open E-Learning
- After opening E-Learning, open the Catalog
- Then open the “Officials” folder
- Then open “Men's Game Officials” folder
- Next, enroll in Level 2/3 - Boy's Officials Annual Learning
- This will bring you to the Course Content area which shows the curriculum for a Level 2/3 certification from USL. Note that MichLOA is somewhat mirroring the USL certification requirements, with the following exceptions:
- While USL wants you to take 4 of the annual learning courses, we strongly suggest you take them all since we use both two and three man mechanics. Each of the courses therein is 30 minutes in length.
- While USL wants you to take one of the Rules Interpretation Courses we strongly suggest you take both the Youth and Boys NFHS sessions. If you only take one it should be the Boys NFHS Rules Interpretation session.
- The Exam you take should be the 2021 Youth and High School Rules Exam.
- Complete the level 2/3 certification requirements by 3/19/2021